Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
Remove the bandage after one to two hours of getting the tattoo.
Wash the tattoo using unscented antibacterial soap and warm water.
DO NOT scrub the tattoo. Pat dry with a clean paper towel. thesis writers (A regular towel can https://theessayclub.com/ be to rough on the skin.)
Apply a very thin coat of ointment (A & D or Aquaphor) to your tattoo. Using only enough to make it shine. (Too much ointment won’t allow your skin to breath.) and DO NOT re-bandage the tattoo.
After The First Day
Keep applying ointment to the tattoo about 3-4 times per day for the healing period (about 2 weeks).
In a few days your tattoo will peel like a sunburn and start to itch.
DO NOT pick, peel or scratch your tattoo! This will ruin it. (A light slap NEXT to the tattoo can relieve some of the itching)
DO NOT soak your tattoo! and DO NOT expose it to a lot of Sunlight!
- This means no baths, hot tubs, swimming in pools or the ocean.
Soaking will pull out your new ink and expose you to bacteria.
- Keep your new tattoo out of the sun or tanning beds! UV light will fade your healing tattoo.
KEEP YOUR TATTOO CLEAN!
- Take regular warm (not hot) showers.
- Continue washing with unscented antibacterial soup and applying ointment until tattoo is healed. Don’t scrub with a washcloth or towel.
- Wear clean, loose fitting cotton clothing around the area.
- Change often if in a dirty or sweaty environment.